Weekly Group Rides
We are thrilled to begin another wonderful season of cycling! Starting Monday, May 2, if our Wisconsin weather permits, we will begin our weekly evening group rides: Tuesdays from Wheel and Sprocket Bay View, Wednesdays from a soon-to-be-announced location in Wauwatosa, and Thursdays from Fox Point Wheel & Sprocket. New this season, we will also be hosting a longer ride tentatively on one Saturday of each month that will be announced a few weeks in advance. Keep an eye on the calendar on our website and in our Cadence Facebook group for updates.
Here are our current routes for 2022:
Tuesdays: South Side Milwaukee from Bay View Wheel and Sprocket.
Wednesdays: Wauwatosa from the Oak leaf trail.
About Our Weekly Rides
At the beginning of each ride, we will have a short safety talk about the rules of the road. At this time we will also divide into 2 or more groups, depending on turn out, so that we can maintain small group sizes and separate into desired riding paces. All weekday evening rides DEPART at 6pm! In order to respect the time of our members and to optimize our ride time together, please plan and prepare accordingly so that we can safely head out together promptly at 6pm.
- Pace: cruising speed of 16-18+ mph, average speed of 14-16 mph
- Distance: approximately 25 miles
- This is a drop ride
- Pace: cruising speed of approximately 12 mph, average speed of about 10 mph
- Distance: approximately 20 miles
- This is a no-drop ride. The group will modify pace to allows the slowest rider to stay with the group
All groups will converge at the end of a group for some refreshing beverages, snack, and camaraderie!
Team Distance Rides
Team distance rides are faster paced rides with paceline riding.
- Pace: cruising speed of 15-18+ mph, average speed of 13-15 mph
- Pace is dependant weather, road conditions, traffic and participants.
- Distance: 40- 50 miles
- Schedule: One Saturday per month (May – August).
- Location: Please see the Ride Calendar for details.
*In the event of inclement weather, please know that a ride cancellation notice AND ride leadership will not be provided. However, riders may still show up to ride with the understanding that other members may not be present. Riders who choose to show up are accepting their own risk.