Our 2020 weekly ride schedule is below. NEW this year—we have now have FOUR weekly group rides on three different evenings:
- Tuesdays from Bayview
- Wednesdays from Wauwatosa
- Thursdays from Milwaukee’s East Side AND Brookfield
Our weekly group rides are ON HOLD until it is safe for us to gather and ride together. We have learned after our first few seasons that diminished daylight hours in September make safe riding a challenge. So, to extend the season we are going to offer Saturday morning rides starting in September. Ride dates will be updated on our calendar, newsletter, and Facebook page.
TUESDAY – South Side (Bay View) Ride: Start at 6:00 pm from Wheel and Sprocket’s new store in Bay View, 187 E. Becher St. Milwaukee. (NOTE, NEW START LOCATION!)
WEDNESDAY – Wauwatosa Ride: Start at 6:00 pm from Community Store (Red Building), 7720 Harwood Avenue, Wauwatosa. (NOTE, NEW ROUTE!)
THURSDAY – Brookfield Ride: Start at 6:00 pm from Brookfield Wheel and Sprocket 13925 W Capitol Dr, Brookfield. (NOTE, NEW DAY!)
THURSDAY – East Side Ride: Start at 6:00 pm from Cafe Hollander, 2608 N. Downer Ave, Milwaukee. (NOTE, NEW START LOCATION!)
About Our Weekly Rides
This amazing group of women support each other in reaching their group and individualized goals. Each weekly club ride, from all locations, will consist of two parts. First, we gather to make introductions, discuss safety, rules of the road, and start off in the “warm up” where the entire group rides as one to POINT X (a different spot for each route). From there, the ride will break into 2-3 groups with varying speed goals. (A middle pace group will be added dependent upon number of the riders attending.) The ride STARTS at 6:00 pm! In order to respect the time of our members and to optimize our ride time together, please plan and prepare accordingly so that we can safely head out together at 6.
- Pace: cruising speed of 16-18+ mph, average speed of 14-16 mph
- Distance: approximately 25 miles
- This is a drop ride.
- Pace: cruising speed of approximately 12 mph, average speed of about 10 mph
- Distance: approximately 20 miles
- This is a no-drop ride. The group will modify pace to allows the slowest rider to stay with the group.
All groups will converge at the end of a group for some refreshing beverages, snack, and camaraderie!
Team Distance Rides
Team distance rides are faster paced rides with paceline riding.
- Pace: cruising speed of 15-18+ mph, average speed of 13-15 mph
- Pace is dependant weather, road conditions, traffic and participants.
- Distance: 40- 50 miles
- Schedule: One Saturday per month (May – August).
- Location: Please see the Ride Calendar for details.